The Sean Kelly Tour of Waterford will take place on Saturday and Sunday 24th and 25th August 2013.
**PLEASE NOTE THE SEAN KELLY TOUR IS NOW CLOSED FOR REGISTRATIONS AS WE HAVE REACHED OUR PARTICIPANT LIMITS**
All participants should read the following notice carefully:
Every participant must report to Dungarvan Sports Centre either from 12-8 p.m. on Saturday 24th August or from 6.30 a.m. onwards on Sunday 25th August when you will receive your event number and wristband (colour coded and essential for access to food stops), emergency contact number, and specially designed souvenir jersey.
- Your event number must be worn on your back at all times during the event. Your wristband must also be worn at all times during the event.
- A hard shell cycling helmet is compulsory for every participant.
- We ask all participants to remember that this event is being run on open roads and the rules of the road apply at all times. All participants are responsible for their own safety and participate at their own risk.
- Please ensure that your bicycle is in a roadworthy condition (correctly working brakes, gears etc.) and that your wheels are fully inflated. Please bring a pump, spare tubes and puncture repair kit.
- The official start times for all three routes are as follows:
- 160k Kelly Comeragh Challenge 8:15 a.m.
- 100k Kelly Heritage Route 9:00 a.m.
- 50k Kelly Cruise 9:45 a.m.
- ALL three routes start less than 200 metres from Dungarvan Sports Centre.
- There will be NO PARKING in the immediate vicinity of Dungarvan Sports Centre (please follow stewards’ instructions on arrival). Allow plenty of time for parking and number collection prior to starting. Organisers strongly recommend, where possible, that participants collect their event number/jersey etc. on Saturday afternoon to avoid any possible delays on Sunday morning.
- NB Important information for cyclists taking part in the 160k Kelly Comeragh Challenge: Once again there will be a time limit on the Kelly Comeragh Challenge Route. Cyclists who do not reach Mahon Bridge (112 kms.) by 3:30 p.m. will be advised to return to Dungarvan directly via Lemybrien and the N25 (therefore avoiding Mahon Falls). This measure is being taken due to health and safety concerns and out of consideration for event volunteers.
We hope that your training schedule is on track and are looking forward to extending the ‘Waterford Welcome’ to you on the 25th August. For further event information, training tips and news, visit our website at www.theseankellytour.com, e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 00353 58-21104. For information on accommodation in Dungarvan and County Waterford check out www.itsafeeling.com
Important Message from GoDungarvan: As you may be aware Dungarvan is a Smarter Travel Area. As such we would like to encourage all participants, spectators and volunteers to cycle, walk or car share while travelling to Event HQ. Choosing sustainable transport will mean less congestion around the start/finish area and will also benefit the environment, your pocket and health!
Sean Kelly Tour Committee
Don't miss this opportunity to cycle with one of Ireland's greatest ever sportsmen, Sean Kelly in his native County Waterford in the 2013 event.
All those intending to enter should note that for the first time the three Sunday routes will be limited to an entry of 5000 participants. Entry will close on Wednesday August 14th 2013 or when the limit of 5000 participants is reached-so enter early and don't say you have not been warned!
Like us on Facebook to get the lastest Sean Kelly Tour information and check out our Youtube channel for Sean Kelly tour videos!
See you there!